“We set an annual revenue goal and were getting ready to roll out new services to help us get there, but we didn’t have a thorough marketing plan in place. That’s why we hired Andy and his team.”
Lisa Carter, General Manager
CD & Power is the largest independently-owned generator sales and service company in Northern California. Some of the largest hospitals, government facilities, data centers, and retailers depend upon them to ensure their emergency and remote power generation systems operate optimally.
Management recognized the need to market more consistently and effectively, but didn’t know how to go about it. The company didn’t have a marketing leader on their team to develop and take ownership of the marketing plan.
When we met CD & Power they weren’t marketing and selling optimally. Our initial assessment of their sales and marketing showed that they should :
- Communicate more consistently with current customers and ensure they knew all the ways CD & Power could meet their needs.
- Introduce new services to fulfill unmet needs of current and potential customers
- Generate awareness to attract new customers
We collaborated with CD & Power management to integrate marketing into regular business planning and set out to drive the desired growth.
Important elements of the plan :
- Put customers at the center. Marketing content and activities needed to focus on the problems their customers face and the benefits they seek, vs. the features of the products and services offered.
- Market more consistently. We initiated a wider array of marketing activities designed to engage with prospects and customers more regularly.
- Market at scale. We needed to deliver essential information to prospects and clients without relying exclusively on one-on-one communication.
- Integrate marketing into regular business planning. This helped us connect marketing activities to business results.
We systematized all of CD & Power’s marketing:
- Developed a marketing calendar and monthly meeting habit to drive marketing decisions and ensure timely execution.
- Implemented a dashboard of key metrics that drive our marketing performance, ensuring our marketing delivers results.
- Selected and deployed software to efficiently manage CD & Power’s marketing activities including: email marketing, Pay Per Click online advertising and SEO.
Taking ownership of execution, Andy and his team quickly:
- Created campaigns to retain and grow existing clients.
- Helped launch new services and develop sales collateral grow existing services
- Improved SEO and PPC performance to drive a dramatic increase of new leads
- Began writing and publishing compelling content to the blog and social media channels
- Established an email marketing regimen
In the 5 years since CD & Power began working with Longview Marketing, revenue has more than doubled – exceeding the management team’s growth target.
Marketing results that made the revenue growth possible:
- Tripled organic web traffic – displacing paid search traffic as the top source of visitors
- Increased leads generated from PPC by 50% without increasing spend
- Increasing customer retention and annual revenue per customer